Sunday, July 17, 2011

Team Amber=One lone soldier


So we had a busy day with my sister-in-law’s wedding yesterday.  We left our house at 10:30 and finally got home around 9.  I got to meet Grandma Mosley, Aunt Wilma (really Clay’s great Aunt) his Aunt Becky and her son Chase.  It was nice getting to meet everyone.

My job at the wedding was the guestbook attendant.  I had some little helpers passing out the programs with me; they are Clay’s cousin’s kids, Grace and Elizabeth.  These girls are so sweet and pretty well behaved.  At one point Elizabeth said to me, “Sigh.  Why did I have to get such a hard job passing out the programs?  Next time I’m not going to pick such a hard job.”  It was too funny.  Here's a great pic of my fabulous helpers:
Now on to the food issue, we had breakfast before we left the house.  The wedding was at 2 so we weren’t going to be eating till 3ish, and we had to be there at 11:30 for pictures.  So of course Clay was hungry right when we go there. 

Before I continue I have to give a little back-story here.  So both of Clay’s sisters husbands and his cousins husband all get crazy when it comes to food.  For future reference I’m going to call them The Boys.  They are always talking about going to Sonic and grabbing a super sonic double cheeseburger (for which they have named the SSDC), getting a pizza, getting an Angry Whopper, or a KFC famous bowl all for lunch and then hitting up the Kripsy Kreme for dessert.  So these boys don’t make this whole lifestyle change easy for me.

So once we got to the church Clay was hungry and some of the his Aunts were already making Lumpia.  So The Boys convinced Clay (which I know didn’t really take a lot of work doing) that he should have at least 5 free days a year to just eat normal food.  I don’t necessarily agree with this because this isn’t a diet this is a lifestyle change.  Plus I know how Clay gets and the 5 free days will just keep adding up.  So Clay decided that he was taking a free day and that he was just going to eat what he wanted.  I couldn’t really argue since I would look like the nagging bad cop wife and Clay had already made up his mind and once that happens there’s no changing it.  So there’s no telling how many mg of sodium he had yesterday.

So today it’s back to the diet.  Neither of us had breakfast this morning.  I slept in and Clay got up and mowed.  We had Subway for lunch and are planning on making our pizza and salad for dinner.

Also staring Tuesday night we’ll be adding two more dogs to the mix.  We are dogsitting for my sister-in-law while they take a little vacay.  So we’ll have a house of 5 dogs for 6 days.  It’s going to be crazy, but fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment