Monday, July 11, 2011

Not so much


So tonight we tried the low sodium (10mg per ½ cup) spaghetti sauce.  Let’s just say we may be switching back to the Prego Heart to Heart sauce.  It wasn’t that bad tasting, but it had a sour or pickled after taste, and well, that’s really weird for spaghetti sauce.  Since pasta has 0mg of sodium we decided that we don’t want to sacrifice taste that much.  I believe the Prego Heart to Heart sauce is only 140mg per ½ cup, so not too bad.

Today my husband, Clay, tried the Ezekiel brand 0mg sodium bread and 0mg sodium peanut butter (organic).  When I called him on my lunch break to see if he tired the bread he didn’t sound very enthused.  He then stated that the bread tasted stale and that he wants to go back to regular bread.  Our current whole grain bread has only 115mg of sodium, so that would be okay with the 0mg sodium peanut butter.

I had time to look through my new cookbook today and I found a total of 57 recipes to try, including: cinnamon rolls, cheese biscuits, chocolate chip cookies, breakfast burritos and much more.  Before I can start making any of the baked goods I’ve got to find some no sodium baking soda and powder.  The guy who wrote the cookbook even wrote what the best brands was that sell these items and where you can get them.  That’s super handy (and I found them both online just like he said).

So we just got back on a walk with the puppy girls and let me just say even at 8:00, it’s still dang hot out there.  I think the heat index reached 110°F today.  YIKES! 

No comments:

Post a Comment