Monday, July 25, 2011

Asian Persuasion


Since my husband if Filipino he is used to eating fried rice.  Well all fried rice has soy sauce on it and soy is DANG high in sodium (2 tablespoons=900mg), even the low sodium soy (2 tablespoons=560-600mg) is ridiculously high.  So tonight I made our own soy sauce for fried rice.  Well it didn’t exactly taste like soy, but it was close (I guess).  The whole batch of “soy” sauce had a total of 176mg of sodium, which was a total of ½ cup (8 servings=8tablespoons at 22mg per serving).  I used 2 eggs, which have a total of 65mg per egg, and the rice, of course, is 0mg.  I also added some chopped green onions, which Clay later said he didn’t like.  It tasted fine enough to eat, but nothing like good fried rice that we’re used to.

I think my husband and his sister may be going to our local farmer’s market tomorrow to see what’s available for dinner or lunches this week.  So we’ll see what he finds tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment