Monday, July 18, 2011

I got nothin' (for a title at least)


Today we’ve been kind of lazy.  We decided to have salad and baked potatoes for dinner.  Clay found these tortilla strips for salads and they only have 15mg of sodium per serving, and they taste pretty good and look really pretty (they are tri-colored, red, blue and yellow).  Another item that I have read that gives a nice little crunch to your salad are unsalted sunflower seeds (0mg).  I’ll have to pick some up the next time we’re out.  I think they’ll taste good on a baked potato.  Clay also bought some olive oil and vinegar Newmann’s Own dressing (yuck, I hate vinegar) that is pretty low in sodium.  I think he said he was going to try it on his baked potato tonight.  Who knows?

So starting tomorrow we’ll have a house full of dogs, five of them to be exact.  It’s going to be pretty crazy around here for about a week.  This Saturday we plan on taking Marcus, our foster, to Petsmart to try and get him adopted.  I’m going to be furminatng him everyday this week to get his coat super shiny and soft and he got a nice bath yesterday.  I’ll be going to Hobby Lobby on Wednesday to pick out some fabric for his new bandana.  I love making our girls special bandanas; they look so cute in them.  Hopefully we can teach Marcus more tricks, he learned to sit today, before Saturday.  That will definitely make him more marketable. 

I need to look through the cookbook and find a recipe to make for dinner tomorrow.  It’s much easier to have things planned out, especially when we can’t just go to the cabinet and eat whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment