Saturday, August 6, 2011

Craziness


Life has been pretty crazy this past week.  Last Friday one of my Aunt’s passed away so we had the visitation and funeral this past week.  I was at the hospital when my Aunt passed that Friday night.  At one point one of my Aunt’s pastors was talking to her husband, my Uncle Joe, and my Uncle Joe said, “I know this is going to sound weird, but when I brought her to the hospital that day I knew she wasn’t going to be going home with me.”  The pastor said, “No, that doesn’t sound weird.  It sounds like someone who’s been married for a long time.”  He and my Aunt would have been married 40 years at the end of this year.

On top of that we got an e-mail Monday night while we were at my Aunt’s visitation from the animal shelter saying that they had gotten a really good application for Marcus.  Clay and I got to review the application and we felt that it would be the perfect place for him.  We took him to Petsmart this morning and the woman and her grandson came and immediately fell in love, especially the grandson.  He couldn’t stop smiling from ear to ear.  I think Marcus is going to very happy in his new home.  We told the shelter today that we are definitely interested in fostering again; we had such a great experience.  We even had a little “going away party” for Mr. Marcus Friday night.  I made some frozen treats and let them all go crazy licking and eating them. 

Also, today we got our stuff in the mail from the Healthy Heart Market.  Clay tasted the hot sauce and the Mrs. Dash mesquite marinade and he likes them both.  I also got my sodium free baking powder and soda so I’ll be getting to make those Mocha Muffins soon!  I’m also going to be trying to make my own granola bars soon since Clay will be starting school in 2 weeks.

So since I’ve showed you pictures of Mr. Marcus here are a couple of my favorite pics of my baby girls Riley (Golden Retriever) and Olive “Bug” (lab/cocker spaniel/greyhound mix).






No comments:

Post a Comment