Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Mrs. Dash is my mistress


So I forgot to mention that one day last week I made fried potatoes and I seasoned them with Mrs. Dash southwest chipotle seasoning.  I thought it tasted really and Clay said he couldn’t even taste it.  He’s already used his hot sauce and I think that we’re always going to have to keep a bottle in our house at all times.  We stopped by Wal-Mart tonight and we went ahead and bought a few more Mrs. Dash seasonings.  We picked up the garlic herb, tomato basil garlic, fiesta lime (my cousin’s favorite), and original.  I LOVE garlic so I had to get the 2 garlic ones.  I read on http://www.mrsdash.com/ that the garlic ones are good on bread, so we’ll have to try it the next time we have spaghetti.
I did forget to pick up some chocolate chips tonight at the store and instant coffee for my mocha muffins.  So it looks like I’ll have to stop by the store so I can make these muffins.  I hope they taste good since I’ve really been looking forward to them for so long.  I’ve also got to go to our big Kroger later this week to pick up some Udi’s pizza crust since our Kroger doesn’t have them.  I also need to look for the Mrs. Dash marinades.  Also a few co-workers have mentioned that I should stop by the Drug Emporium because they have a big selection of gluten free products and low sodium products. 

Oh and we had a slight little fiasco with cooking the bagged black beans.  I rinsed and drained them and soaked them overnight (just like the package said) and in the morning I rinsed and drained them again and put them in the fridge to cook later for black bean burgers.  So I had Clay start cooking them before I got home and 2 hours later (again, just like the package said) they were NOWHERE near being done.  I actually forgot about them and they cooked till 8:30 (total of 4 hours) and they still were not done.  So today I said something to a co-worker and she said that I needed to put them in the Crock-Pot to cook.  So I had Clay put them in the Crock-Pot on low at noon and they were finally done when I got home.  The beans were too hot to make burgers tonight so we’re going to have them tomorrow (the patties will practically be salt free!).

Oh yeah, before I forget Clay made the pizza sauce tonight and it was the best so far.  He is the pizza connoisseur.  


No comments:

Post a Comment