Saturday, August 13, 2011

Mocha Muffins


So I got a refreshing 12 ½ hours of sleep last night.  It was quite nice.  I did however get startled awake by an insanely loud boom of thunder around 11.  We’ve finally been getting rain here in Arkansas and it has had some crazy lightening and loud thunder along with it.  So once the puppy girls woke us up at 9 this morning, because they were starving, I got up and made mocha muffins.  The total amount of sodium per muffin was about 40mg more than what the recipe said.  This is because I’m still using regular butter instead of unsalted.  I just can’t throw out 2 tubs of butter, especially when one is unopened.  I also choose to use milk chocolate chips (5mg per tbsp) instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips (0mg per 1 tbsp).  The butter added the most amount of sodium for a total of 760mg.

So I started making them and the batter was smelling sooooo good.  I made a total of 16 muffins that had approximately 63mg of sodium per muffin.  We each were only able to eat 3 muffins because they were pretty filling.  I think I’m going to make these muffins for my work Christmas party since we’re doing a breakfast.
We’ve got to clean the gym up a little today and once we do I’ll post the before and after video, so be looking for that later today.



No comments:

Post a Comment